Aerth's Aetheric Aegis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Book One - The White Mantle - has just been published for both the Kindle and paperback!

Go down

Book One - The White Mantle - has just been published for both the Kindle and paperback! Empty Book One - The White Mantle - has just been published for both the Kindle and paperback!

Post by Velora Venn Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:32 am

Hooray! The White Mantle has officially been released!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B096L73CYW

I'm so excited to share this passion project with the world! It has been absolutely a delight writing this book and making the illustrations for it. This was something I dreamed of since I was just 6 years old, so I am over the moon to fulfill this goal.

I had recently reached out to an author of young adult novels I admire, Kate Avery Ellison, to inquire about publishing and how she deals with negative criticism (which is sure to come to any author). This was her super thoughtful response:

"Well, it's a process. I was very sensitive and thin-skinned when I started, and I've learned and grown with time. I read an article once that talked about how there are people in this world who hate chocolate. There are people who don't like Harry Potter. There are people who don't like kitties and puppies. And there are even people who don't like all of those things! I love those things, but someone who doesn't like them would probably not give them a good review, you know? Just one perspective to keep in mind. So, some people will not like your work, no matter how good it might be. And hey, it isn't for them, perhaps. That's fine, too. Write for your ideal reader, the person who wants and needs that story. If you've pleased them and given them a beautiful story that they love, then you've done your job. Also, I try to avoid ruminating on negative comments or spending much time reading them. Seek out helpful criticism, of course, because that's important, but do your best not to engage with haters--that's just going to discourage you. Don't go looking for a bunch of negative reviews in some kind of twisted fascination. Just focus on being the best you can be for the people you're writing for. Some criticisms will be true, but just keep learning and improving and writing stories with all your heart. I love you  Best of luck to you with your writing and publishing. Putting your work out for the world to see is a deeply vulnerable act, and a brave one. Your feelings are completely normal and valid, but I am confident you'll do well."
Velora Venn
Velora Venn
COG Operative
COG Operative

https://www.veloravenn.com/

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum